Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My Must-Have Snacks



As many already know, I am a self-proclaimed health nut. I enjoy cooking healthy foods, making fruity and veggie filled smoothies, and keeping my body in shape. I am always on the hunt for healthy, convenient snacks that do not take an immense amount of preparation to make. Here are some of my favorite healthy snacks that I would rather not go a day without.




Frozen Fruit

Who doesn't love fruit? Especially as a midnight snack or just something to much on in the day? Especially in the summer, I love to munch on frozen fruit. Freezing fruit is an excellent way to save fresh fruit that may easily spoil, such as berries, and keep them for a longer amount of time. I freeze fruit that usually goes out of season during the winter months, like strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries. If you are not into buying fresh fruit, the cheaper alternative can be buying packaged frozen fruit that tastes just as good. I love eating frozen fruit in replacement for ice creams or sugary sherbets. Plus I love adding them to creamy Greek yogurt for a nice parfait or plopping them in my green smoothies!

 
 




Sunflower Seeds

I absolutely love sunflower seeds because they are crunchy, versatile, and easy to add to salads, trail mixes, oatmeal, and even baking recipes. Sunflower seeds are an excellent source of fiber and protein, which keeps me full and focused. I love topping sunflower seeds in my morning oatmeal, my lunch salads, and even as mid-day snack with chopped up dried fruits.  Mixing together golden raisins, cranberries, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds is one of my favorite trail mix recipes.

 
 

Healthy Snacking!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I never thought to try sunflower seeds in oatmeal,it sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete